When it comes to money management, learning how to budget your money effectively can kickstart your finances to another level. There are more hands-on budgeting methods such as manually budgeting using pen and paper or inputting all of your finances into a spreadsheet (use our free one here). However, if you prefer to take a bit more of a laid-back approach, these apps have got you covered. Below are three budgeting apps that are great at helping you take control of your spending.
Emma is a budget app that allows you to avoid overdrafts, find wasteful subscriptions and take over control of your finances.
• Track and cancel subscriptions within the app
• View and manage recurring payments from your current accounts
• Connect all of your accounts including bank, savings, pensions and cryptocurrency. View all of your balances and transactions from these accounts all in one place.
• Create budgets and categorise your spending to allow you to manage your money in line with payday.
Emma has also introduced a 'Rewards' section in-app. You are able to get cashback on your purchase such as Kwikfit, Belkin and Treatwell. Once confirmed and processed, the cashback balance gets added to your Emma wallet where you are able to withdraw it for some extra cash.
There is a section in the app that also helps you to find the best deals such as on your bills, insurance and credit cards. You also have the ability to begin investing using the app.
Emma is available for free on iPhone and Android, sign up here.
Yolt is a budgeting app that aims to give its users the power to be smarter with their money. It enables you to be able to spend smart, stay on track, and reach your goals with the use of the app.
• View your current accounts, savings, credit cards and investment accounts all within the app
• Track your spending and set yourself budgets to stay on track
• Set savings goals within the app and view how close you are to reaching your goal
• Move money from one of your accounts to another
• Transfer money from one of your accounts to someone else's account using the app
• Keep track of your bill so you're never late on payments
• Start earning cashback using Yolt Rewards at places such as Nike, John Lewis and Footasylum
The app also allows you to access additional services such as:
• Open high-interest savings account through Raisin
• Find the best energy deal through MoneySuperMarket
• Begin investing through Wealthify
• Purchase phone insurance through SimpleInsurance
and lots more.
Download Yolt free on iPhone and Android here.
Moneyhub is a budgeting app that allows you to see all of your finances in one place and use in-app tools to achieve your goals.
• See all of your accounts, credit cards, savings and borrowing all in the app
• Generate an analysis of your spending to see exactly where your money is going each month
• Set spending goals and keep track of your progress
• Receive notification nudges to your phone to alert you to upcoming bill payments so you never miss another bill
• Get tips on saving and discover better deals on your current credit cards and loans
Moneyhub has a section called Projects which you can use to create future money goals for yourself. Projects allow you to monitor your spending across all of your connected accounts and organise them into different categories. It will also detail how close you are to achieving your designated goal. You are able to create more than one project allowing you to plan for multiple things eg. holiday, first house, wedding etc.
Download Moneyhub free for iPhone and Android here.
Budgeting is a great way to know exactly where your money is going and areas where you may need to pull back on the spending. Whatever your financial goals, budgeting allows you to make the necessary plans to be able to reach them.
*some links may be affiliate links.